Law, Justice, Society: Selected Works of Upendra Baxi
2023. The Future of Human Rights, 4th Edition. New Delhi: Oxford University Press (forthcoming).
On Upendra Baxi’s Life and Work
‘Of Law and Life: Conversations with Upendra Baxi’, Upendra Baxi in Conversation with Arvind Narrain, Lawrence Liang, Sitharamam Kakarala, Sruti Chaganti, Published by Orient Blackswan Private Limited (forthcoming)
“Upendra Baxi in our Times: Law, Life, Liminality”, Jindal Global Review, Volume 9, Issue 2, October 2018, Issue editors, Debolina Dutta, Adil Hasan Khan, Oishik Sircar
Discussion on LAOT: Baxi, Upendra. 2020. ‘Human Rights in the Administration of Criminal Justice: The Concept of Fair Trial’, Journal of the National Human Rights Commission, Volume 19. Link
Response by Prof. Amita Dhanda titled ‘No Democratic Protest if No Fair Trial’ can be found here.
Response by Prof. Jinee Lokaneeta titled ‘Human Rights as Jural Postulates: A Vision for CJS’ can be found here.
Response by Ameya Bokil (Co-Founder, Criminal Justice and Police Accountability Project) titled ‘Fair Trial in the Times of Tyranny?: A Case for Abolition’ can be found here.
- Baxi, Upendra. 2023. “Ukraine: A sunset or a new dawn for international law?” in Popovski, V., & Malhotra, A. (eds.). Reimagining the International Legal Order (1st ed.). Routledge.
- Baxi, Upendra. 2023. “Nihilisms, Contradictions, and Anomie in New Constitutionalisms: A View from India” in de Sousa Santos, B., Araújo, S., & Andrade, O.A. (eds.). Decolonizing Constitutionalism: Beyond False or Impossible Promises (1st ed.). Routledge
- Baxi, Upendra. 2023. “The Final Hurrah for the Crime Control Paradigm?” India Legal, 7 October, https://www.indialegallive.com/magazine/indian-evidence-act-bharatiya-sakshya-bill/
- Baxi, Upendra. 2023. “Is the Process Always the Punishment?” India Legal, 16 September, https://www.indialegallive.com/magazine/bharatiya-nagarik-suraksha-sanhita-criminal-procedure-code/
- Baxi, Upendra. 2023. “Crime & Punishment: Between Mood Swings of Reform”, India Legal, 25 September, https://www.indialegallive.com/magazine/bharatiya-nyaya-sanhita-bill-mob-lynching-sedition-media-freedom/
- Baxi, Upendra. “Samhitas for all Seasons”, India Legal, 9 September 2023. https://www.indialegallive.com/magazine/bharatiya-nyaya-sanhita-bill-nagarik-suraksha-sanhita-sakshya-bill-ipc-crpc-evidence-act-reform/
Professor Upendra Baxi on Constitutional Silences | SCC Online
EBC Book Release of 8th edition of VD Mahajan’s Constitutional law of India revised by Dr Sanjay Jain
- Baxi, Upendra. 2023. Book Review. Vernacular Rights Cultures. International Affairs, 99(2): 825-835.
- Baxi, Upendra. 2023. Book Review. ‘Wither ‘Personal’ Law?’ Social Change, 53(3), 407-411.